Forge of Empires: Build a City Android Game Review
Game title: Forge of Empires: Build a City
Game description: Build an empire & travel through the ages! From ancient civilizations, through medieval kingdoms, and all the way to the future. Rise and rule your lands with pride!Forge of Empires was released in 2012, becoming an award-winning strategy city-building browser game. This RTS MMO simulation is full of amazing content. Join and interact with millions of active players from all over the world!
Author: InnoGames GmbH
Not so interesting like other city building games
Strategy games need time and effort to build up. So when I start a city-building strategy game, I try to be patient. Some game devs give joining bonuses and regular resources for the first month to keep you going and attached to the game. Forge of empire fails in this regard.
From the very beginning, the game points and diamonds are limited. There are not many ways you can earn them without paying. All you can do is wait for the next day to get some points.
- Free to play
- Nice soothing music
- Great graphics
- Game progress is slow
- You need to buy diamond and points from the beginning to advance through the ages.
Forge of Empire is a game developed by InnoGames GmbH. They have around ten games in the PlayStore when I write the review. Most of the games are strategy games with city-building landscapes.
So, when you play a game from the devs who have already made this type of game, you expect good quality. I am disappointed on so many levels. There was potential to this game, and it is ruined.
The progress is slow, and if you are coming from other strategy games, you would be looking to progress in the ladder quickly. But, stop there! You can’t go without paying money.
Well, I do not mind spending dimes and nickels on a good game, but from the very beginning, why? Indeed, you need to spend money or a lot of time to progress. After completing a task, the bonus is not sufficient to do any research or upgrade your village.
I love the music… it’s very soothing on my ear. I can listen for hours to this music loop and won’t give a damn!
The graphics are good, but not great. The landscape and maps should be made more realistic and lively. The world map was pretty confusing at the first hour, but you will quickly get used to the buttons.
Overall, this is a game you play for years if you want to upgrade your civilization.
- Build your city, rule your empire and experience history! All while travelling through the eras of mankind.
- Evolve your village into a town and then forge it into a megapolis!
- Be smart and efficient in building houses & producing resources. Make the best of your land!
- Find your own building style! Choose from hundreds of different houses and castles!
- Like to compete? Win tactical pvp battles in the multiplayer mode and conquer their realms!
- Not in a mood to fight? Exchange your goods and trade with your neighbors!
- Discover new territories & develop new technologies!
- Enjoy real life events (Christmas, Easter, Halloween and many more) and win amazing rewards and prizes!
Forge of Empires is free to download and install. However, some game features can also be purchased for real money. If you don’t want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings. A network connection is also required.