There are a few items you should have in your kitchen/bathroom for a healthy and easy lifestyle. An automatic soap dispenser is one of those items.
Especially if you do not want your soap dispenser to get dirty or contaminated from all the raw items (egg, meat, fish, vegetables) you are touching while cutting and cooking. We wash our hands, but it is very unlikely we wash our soap dispensers every day.
You might have seen the automated soap dispenser in public restrooms. The home version works as the same. They just come in smaller packages.
There are a few advantages of using automated soap dispensers, like:
- You do not need to press any button, just put your hand underneath the valve, and the sensor will automatically dispense the right amount of liquid. It does save time.
- Minimize the waste of soap/liquid.
- It helps to keep your sink clean with no extra liquid drops.
- They are rechargeable.
It is a smart no-touch solution for washing hands in your kitchen. They are convenient, look classy, and are environment friendly. We round off some of our best automatic soap dispensers for you. Let’s have a look.
01. Simplehuman Rechargeable Sensor Liquid Soap Pump Dispenser
This simplistic brushed stainless steel soap dispenser is most popular among users. We love the idea of variable liquid dispense. Put hands close to the sensor for less amount of soap and farther for more.
The design is simple, yet it fits in all types of kitchens or bathrooms. The stainless steel keeps the rust and spot away. One single charge can go for around three months.
- Automatic touch-free operation
- Built with brushed stainless steel
- The built-in lithium-ion battery goes 3 months on a single charge.
- Clog-free tubing pump
- ADAPTIVE SENSING – The sensor lens adapts to its environment to prevent false triggers, even if it gets smudged.
- VARIABLE DISPENSE – Position your hand up close for a little soap and farther away for more.
- Wall mount fixtures included
- SECURE LID – Included tool is the only way to open the lid for a refill for added security.
- THE PERFECT SOAP AND SANITIZER – Use simplehuman soap or sanitizer for optimum pump performance.
- WATERPROOF FOR EASY CLEANING – With an IP67 rating, you can rinse the pump in the sink to keep it clean
02. Secura 17oz / 500ml Premium Touchless Battery Operated Electric Automatic Soap Dispenser
This minimalistic-looking automatic soap dispenser can blend into any kitchen or bathroom. The soap container is transparent and you can see the level remaining when in use. You can pour liquid from the top. The battery location is behind the container where it is less prone to corrosion or water.
- Water-resistant battery-operated automatic soap dispenser with 17 oz. capacity container.
- Includes ON/OFF switch and adjustable soap dispenser volume control switch to dispense 0.03~0.19 oz. per activation.
- Attractive and Stylish High Quality brushed nickel and black finish with clear soap container; can be wall-mounted or placed on a countertop.
- An infrared sensor detects your hand from as far away as 2. 75 inches.
- The touchless operation provides for easy, hygienic soap dispensing.
- Includes a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
03. Umbra Otto Automatic Soap Dispenser
This soap dispenser is designed to look like a bird’s neck. Mostly plastic parts and can blend into any modern-day bathroom or kitchen. The dispenser is good for both liquid soap and hand sanitizer.
The top wide-open refilling is easy to use and prevents dripping liquids while refilling. Although the front is not transparent, you can see the soap/liquid level in the indicator window.
We would love to see the remodeling of the design with a back battery and not at the bottom. The design is cool, it’s affordable, and works well, but the battery is at the bottom, which is its drawback. You need to unscrew the panel to charge the battery.
- Made of plastic
- Otto is ideal for liquid soap or hand sanitizer (not recommended for use with foaming, granular or thick gel-based soap or sanitizer).
- Otto’s sleek profile features a matte finish, dispensing soap or sanitizer in 0.2 seconds
- EASY TO FILL WITH NON-DRIP SPOUT: Otto’s non-drip spout minimizes clogging and prevents messy drips, while the fluid level indicator window, and large top-load opening, make refilling easy and mess-free
- PATENTED DESIGN: Otto is a Patented automatic liquid soap dispenser – U. S. Patent No. D682. 589, China Patent No. CN302221937S; It operates on four AAA batteries (not included), and measures 3. 5 x 4. 5 x 10 inches (8. 9 x 11. 4 x 25. 4 cm)
04. Commercial Care Touchless Soap, Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
This represents a cylinder-shaped touchless hand dispenser. There is nothing innovative about the design, but the true thing is it works better than being fancy. The best part is it is built with a stainless steel body and is very easy to clean because of its shape.
An interesting fact is you can use lotion and hand sanitizer also in the dispenser. It serves all purposes of your home hygiene.
- Top loading steel housing for soap liquid. 7.5-ounce capacity and easy twist-off top for quick refills
- 4 AAA batteries at the bottom.
- The touchless soap dispenser uses a motion sensor with an LED indicator to quickly dispense the right amount of soap or hand sanitizer.
- The base is waterproof.
- You can easily clean the body and it always looks shiny.
- Dimension 4.3 x 3 x 7.4 in. and weighs only 0.6 lbs.
05. Everlasting Comfort Automatic Liquid Soap Dispenser
This soap dispenser is a mix of modern and classic styles. It is brushed aluminum on plastic with a clear container at the back. As of style sense, this can be placed anywhere in your home or outside the kitchen, bathroom, sink, restaurant, etc.
A 17oz container can do 1400 Dispenses on a single fill, that is impressive. We are fond of the automatic dispensers that have clear containers, they are easy to check the level and it is kind of cool when you use different colors of soap/liquid in them.
- This automatic soap dispenser uses infrared motion sensor technology to quickly and efficiently disperse soap into your hands or dish sponge
- It can hold enough liquid soap to last you through 1400 or more hand washes
- Large 17 Ounce Capacity Fits 2.25 Bottles of Liquid Soap
- cutting down the time needed between refills.
- Soap dispensers feature 5 different output levels, 1 being the least amount of soap dispensed and 5 being the most.
- Designed to disperse the precise amount of soap based on the output settings you choose, reducing soap waste.
- Has a water-resistant rubber base.
Things you should consider before buying an automatic soap dispenser
Here are a few things we would like to remind you of before you make a buying decision.
Sensor: The sensor is the most important part of the automatic soap dispenser. It’s not automatic and useful unless the sensor works correctly. Check for the sensor first, how it works, and does it suit your needs. Some sensors are lazy to identify your hands and dish scrubbers. It should register your hand within an inch or two.
Amount of Soap Dispensed: The amount of soap dispensed is another thing to notice. Some sensors dispense more or less soap depending on your hand distance from the nozzle. And in some models, you can predefine the amount you want.
Refills: We love the top loading Widemouth option for automatic soap dispensers. They are easy to use and less prone to making your counter dirty while loading soap or liquids. Some dispensers work only with soap and some work with any kind of liquid including foams. Check the manual before buying.
Space Taken: They do not take much space anywhere, but you might want to consider their shape or color for the space you are going to put them
The build material also takes part in buying choice. The stainless steel body parts are easy to clean and they last longer. While the plastic containers are cheap and lightweight and they are not as long-lasting as the stainless steel automatic soap dispensers.
Most soap dispensers use removable batteries, AAA mostly. This is to reduce the price. The rechargeable battery options are actually safer and longer-lasting, but those models will cost you a bit more money.
When the battery is at the bottom they tend to get rust and water inside the battery chamber. Design-wise we do not prefer the batteries at the bottom unless it is certified as waterproof.
We have listed these five models as they are most used and rated highly by home users. So, what are you currently using and what’s your choice?
Reviewron is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may sometime earn an affiliate commission. Learn more…