- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
Easy tricks from Jamie Purviance to yield perfectly tender chicken breasts.
How to Cook It
Step 1: Whisk all the marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Step 2: Place the breasts on a large, rimmed plate. Spoon or brush the marinade over the breasts, turning to coat them evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 3 : Before direct cooking prepare the the grill over medium heat.
Step 4 : Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the chicken, smooth side down, over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm to the touch and opaque all the way to the center, 8 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice. Serve warm.
Recipe Source: Lemon-Oregano Chicken Breasts