Gaming laptops are generally high priced products and you can never be satisfied with everything you get in a gaming laptop. Pro-Gaming demands a high-resolution graphics card, RAM and processor. So, the price range is always higher.
But, is it possible to get a good quality gaming laptop within a $1000 budget? If you are in search of that please read the rest of this article.
We have decided to mark out some affordable gaming laptops for you. These laptops are all under $1000. Although depending on the warranty you bought, the price might vary.
Before we start, We need to clear up some points. These are the essentials you need to know before you decide to buy a gaming laptop.
01. The amount of RAM
RAM is the most important thing to look for when you are building a PC or deciding for a gaming laptop. We recommend having at least 8GB of DDR4 RAM for a better experience. Most Gaming laptops come with 8GB of RAM and are upgradeable up to 32 GB.
With a budget of $1000, you can easily choose a high-quality GPU. Graphics cards such as the GeForce GTX 1050 or 1060 series are suitable for most modern games. Upgraded is always better. Just make sure that you have a dedicated GPU onboard.
03. Hard Disk
An SSD is faster than HDD. Games and operating systems load faster if you have SSD. But, it also adds up to the storage size and price. Some gaming laptops have both types mixed. HDD for storage and SSD for booting.
04. Processor Speed
Core i5 to Core i7 is a perfect choice or AMD equivalent in this price range. If you have a budget you can go upwards. Your gaming and processing speed will depend on it.
If you want the best-priced gaming laptop you must consider reviewing these options of a product before you proceed to the buy button.
Asus is a trustable name when we talk about gaming. Their high-end gaming laptop like the ASUS ROG Zephyrus S is still one of the best gaming laptops in 2020.
We are mentioning the ASUS – TUF Gaming FX705GM. The laptop comes with: –
- 17.3″ LED screen
- 8th Gen Intel® Core i7-8750H processor
- 16GB Memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB dedicated graphics
- 512GB Solid State Drive
Depending on these specs we can easily say that this can handle most heavy games. The laptop is fast, powerful and quiet compared to other gaming laptops in this price range. If you intend to play heavy-duty games all the time then this might disappoint you.
For a multitasker who does gaming, browsing, writing, editing photos this is a good choice. The SSD is generally fast on any device. So the loading time of the operating system and programs are just fine.
The battery life is quite okay, five and a half hours for regular use. We advise you to plug it in during gaming.
The Keyboard’s position is okay, after hours of use it doesn’t show any problem with the hand and wrist. There is enough space to rest your hand.
- Definitely the price.
- It’s quiet and lightweight.
- Good gaming speed on this price range.
- It is a bigger laptop 17.3 inches, not that much portable.
- The trackpad is not super responsive.
- Battery life is not great for gaming.
If you are ready to use a mouse and plugged in during the gaming then there is nothing wrong to buy this laptop.
HP doesn’t always go with the gaming equipment. They are famous for their office supplies and work computers. But, when we are looking for affordable laptops that can be used for gaming we have chosen this one.
The laptops are powered by the Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2GHz Six-Core processor. A great device for multitasking and low to mid-level gaming needs.
Although this is an entry-level gaming laptop as you can assume from the price. Omen 15 by Hp comes with a GTX 1660, a great GPU and real-time ray tracing capable Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 (6GB GDDR6) graphics chip.
We also considered the great noise-free cooling system by HP. It comes with the original windows OS Home Basic (64 bit).
- CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H, 2.6-4.5GHz
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 (6GB GDDR6)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Screen: 15.6-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS 144Hz
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Great price for an entry-level gaming laptop
- Low noise cooling.
- The backlight has only red lighting and you can’t change it.
Acer is always good for us. Most of our office laptops are from Acer. The Spin 5 is an entry-level full HD touch gaming laptop. Mostly perfect for multitasking, but you can dedicatedly use it for gaming.
Acer Spin 5 has two processor versions. One with the Core i5-8250 and another is Core i7-8550. Price and HDD differ in both versions. Our choice for gaming is the i7 version.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Up to 4.0GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Alexa Built-in
- Battery Capacity – 3320 mAh
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Display
- 8GB DDR4 Memory & 1TB HDD
Amazon is advertising the device with Alexa built-in features, but it is not an obvious needed thing for gaming. A nice addition though.
You will love the touch responsiveness of the screen. As you can see the laptop lacks SSD. Booting speed and program run time increases for this a bit. But, the battery time is great around 5+ hours.
The listed battery time is 10 hours, but during gaming, this is not quite the truth. Acer Spin 5 doesn’t come with a stylus, but it supports the Acer stylus. Although most people wouldn’t need it. They do not include it to keep the price under four figures.
To us, this is one complete tab/laptop you can own at a very affordable price.
- Great compact design.
- You can fold it and use it as a tablet.
- Lightweight and super portable
- Crisp display from any angle
- RAM is not upgradable
- No backlit keyboard
Lenovo always delivers as promised. Around the globe, their laptops are known as dependable gaming and multitasking machines.
The IdeaPad L340 comes with Intel Core i7-9750H Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, 256GB NVMe SSD storage, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and Windows 10 home basic.
This is a powerful machine with 9th-generation Intel Core i7-9750h Processor and 8GB DDR4 RAM. You can play any game old or new without a problem. The screen refresh rate is great. The full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution is super fast and smooth during gameplay.
- 9th-generation Intel Core i7-9750h Processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB HDD + 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- 15.6-Inch Screen, full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics
- Cool blue ambient lighting
- Battery life (up to 9 hours)
- 720P HD camera with privacy shutter
- Great display quality
- Awesome battery life
- A wider place for hand rest
- Good speed for gaming
- Privacy shutter built-in right above the camera
- Supports only 16GB of RAM
- 1TB Hard Drive is only 5400 RPM
This is a winner in terms of money. Several laptops in the market will lack speed and quality compared to this. If you are a casual gamer and works mostly with graphics and video editing this is a great machine for you. A great multitasking machine from our favorite Lenovo.
The price is a bit higher than our selected price range, but we are very much interested to add this one on our list.
This gaming laptop comes with a 6th gen Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz processor, 16 GB RAM, and 128GB M.2 SSD. Also dedicated 4GB video RAM for gaming.
- Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz. 16GB RAM; 1TB 7200RPM + 128GB M.2 SSD Storage.
- 15.6 inches Matte IPS FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolution.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB VRAM gaming graphic card.
- GameFirst III technology prioritizes the flow of the game data across your network.
- Latest USB 3.1 Type-C port
The device is pretty good looking and feels solid in hand. 15.6 inch is perfect for putting it in a backpack.
Although the laptop comes with 1TB 7200RPM HDD plus a 128GB SSD for booting purpose and it is easily upgradable. You will not get any extra memory slots.
- Great compact design
- Feels good in the hand and has a wider area to rest your palm
- The RAM can be upgraded to 32GB
- The touchpad is a bit slow to respond.
- The power button is sorted with the keyboard buttons.
Overall this is a decent gaming laptop in this price range.
These are our top 5 but not the end. We will be adding more onto the list once we have tested others. Our suggestion is to buy any gaming laptop from reputable brands. Do not go for other brands than we have mentioned on this list.