This is an amazing easy video that shows how you can make the best pancakes ever.
Recipes yields about 20 pancakes.
- 3 eggs
- 570ml Milk
- 455g Self Raising Flour
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 3 heaped teaspoons Baking Powder
If you only have plain flour then add an extra teaspoon of baking powder.
- First break the 3 eggs into a large jug or bowl
- Pour the pint of milk into the eggs
- Whisk the eggs and milk together
- Add the dry ingredients. First the 1lb of raising flour, then the 6 oz of caster sugar, finally the 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- Whisk all ingredients together
- Leave the batter to rise for about one hour
- Take a large spoon and beat the batter to a thick dropping consistency
- If batter is too thick add a splash of milk
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle on a medium heat
- Wrap a piece of butter in a serviette to grease the pan
- Now turn the heat up to full and use the spoon to dollop the batter on to the pan
- Leave the pancakes to cook until bubbles appear and the edges dull
- Separate them with a spatula if they have stuck together
- Flip them with the spatula
- They should be evenly browned to both sides
- Flip a towel over the top to keep them soft
- There is nothing nicer than a warm pancake with butter and jam.